Executive Assistant to the CEO & CMO
Plessen Healthcare, LLC
To prevent the spread of viral illnesses Plessen Healthcare recommends use of Telemedicine Appointments
ST CROIX, USVI, March 12, 2020 – In response to COVID-19 virus pandemic, Plessen Healthcare has established the following protocol at their Orange Grove Medical Campus to protect both patients and healthcare professionals.
All patients are strongly encouraged to utilize Plessen Healthcare’s Telemedicine option instead of visiting the office when possible. To make an appointment please call 340-715-7720, contact us via our website plessenhealthcare.com/contact or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
For patients with respiratory symptoms that feel they must be seen in-person via walk-in appointment, Plessen Healthcare has set up an outdoor covered triage and evaluation area. Patients will be handed a mask and evaluated outside of the office for their safety and the safety of others.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19 to those patients at higher risk of complications, telemedicine appointments are particularly recommended for the following:
- Anyone with respiratory and/or flu-like symptoms.
- Patients 65 and older.
- Patients with compromised immune systems and/or serious chronic medical conditions.
Symptoms of the COVID-19 virus range from mild to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure.
- Fever (100.4°F/38°C or higher)
- Shortness of breath
Patients who feel sick and have symptoms should:
- Call ahead before visiting the doctor’s office or emergency room.
- Tell your doctor about any recent travel and symptoms.
- Stay home and avoid contact with others.
- Avoid travel while sick.
Recommended Precautions and Prevention:
- Contact your healthcare provider to ask about obtaining extra necessary medications to have on hand in case of an outbreak of COVID-19 in the community.
- Have on-hand over-the-counter medicines and medical supplies to treat fever and other symptoms. Most people will be able to recover from COVID-19 at home.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Especially after touching surfaces in public places.
- Avoid touching high-touch surfaces in public places. Use a tissue or your sleeve to cover your hand or finger if you must touch something.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, eyes, etc.
- Routinely clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces in your home (door knobs, light switches, handles, desks, toilets, faucets, sinks & cell phones)
- Avoid crowds, particularly in poorly ventilated spaces.
- CDC: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- US Virgin Islands Department of Health: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Plessen Healthcare continues to follow the CDC guidelines and will adjust protocols accordingly as advised.
To make an appointment please:
- call Plessen Healthcare at 340-715-7720
- via website plessenhealthcare.com/contact
- by email email@example.com
At the time of this press release there have been no documented cases of COVID-I9 in the territory. For the most up to date information contact the VI Department of Health or refer to cdc.gov for daily updates.
About Plessen Healthcare, LLC
Plessen Healthcare, LLC. was founded on St Croix, US Virgin Islands in 2014 by Dr. Jan Tawakol and Dr. Tasnim Khan, on the fundamental belief that world class health care should be accessible to everyone. The Plessen campus includes a full-service, multi-specialty medical clinic and the only CMS accredited surgical center in the USVI. Plessen is committed to affordable, accountable and efficient healthcare and is centrally located within the Caribbean for easy travel from down island, the British Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, the Bahamas, Bermuda and the U.S. mainland.
For questions or more information, please contact Angela East at firstname.lastname@example.org