Please be advised that Plessen Healthcare’s COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic will move back to Plessen Urgent Care as of Monday, September 26, 2022. COVID-19 Vaccines and boosters will no longer be administered at Plessen Medical Center in Orange Grove.
Plessen Urgent Care is stocked with the following vaccines:
- Pfizer monovalent and bivalent
- Pfizer Pediatric (ages 5 – 11)
- Moderna monovalent and bivalent
In an effort to minimize vaccine waste, initially we will be offering COVID-19 vaccines just two days per week. We may increase the days vaccines are administered as demand increases.
COVID-19 Vaccines will be administered at Urgent Care on a walk-in basis:
- Wednesdays: 7:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Saturdays: 8:00 am – 1:30 pm
Plessen Healthcare is currently recommending that patients wait 4-6 months following their last administered dose of COVID-19 vaccine or an active COVID-19 infection before receiving the booster vaccination.
The monovalent COVID-19 vaccines that are authorized or approved by the FDA and have been administered to millions of people in the United States and its Territories since December 2020 contain a component from the original strain of SARS-CoV-2 (aka COVID-19 virus).
About COVID-19 Bivalent Vaccine Boosters
Pfizer and Moderna bivalent vaccines are administered as booster vaccines and include (mRNA) components of both the original wild strain of SARS-CoV-2 and the BA.4 and BA.5 lineages of the omicron variant.
The bivalent COVID-19 vaccines are expected to provide increased protection against the currently circulating omicron variant which is the more predominant and more virulent strain.
Who is Eligible for COVID-19 Vaccines?
COVID-19 vaccination is recommended for everyone ages 6 months and older, including people with underlying medical conditions.
COVID-19 vaccines are especially important for people with underlying medical conditions associated with higher risk for severe COVID-19.
At this time, Plessen Urgent Care administers vaccines to patients age 5 and older.
COVID-19 Bivalent Boosters are Recommended for:
- Individuals 18 years of age and older are eligible for a single booster dose of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine, Bivalent if it has been at least two months since they have completed primary vaccination or have received the most recent booster dose with any authorized or approved monovalent COVID-19 vaccine.
- Individuals 12 years of age and older are eligible for a single booster dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, Bivalent if it has been at least two months since they have completed primary vaccination or have received the most recent booster dose with any authorized or approved monovalent COVID-19 vaccine.
COVID-19 vaccines and boosters may be administered at the same time as seasonal flu vaccines.